24/9/20: Operators in the pub and hospitality sector are aware that they are now required to support the governments efforts to tackle the Covid-19 pandemic. In brief the rules are currently:
- Premises must have the NHS QR code displayed
- Must have back up test & trace recoding system
- Table service only
- Staff to wear face coverings
- Customers to wear face coverings unless seated
- Rule of 6
- 10pm Closure (not last orders)
- Fines for breaches increased
Venues must refuse entry to those who refuse to participate. Failure to do any of these requirements may result in fixed penalty fines.
In an effort to support the pub and hospitality trade, NPW has created a new generic poster which can be downloaded here.