National Pubwatch Data Protection Statement
This statement confirms the National Pubwatch (NPW) commitment to protect your privacy and to process your personal information in a manner which meets the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and prior to 25 May 2018 the Data Protection Act 1998
Who are we and what do we do
- National Pubwatch is a voluntary organisation which was established to create safer drinking environments in the pub and hospitality sector through its support and good practice advice for local Pubwatch schemes. It is not a membership organisation. We do not charge for our services.
- National Pubwatch is registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) for the purpose of ‘the prevention and detection of crime’.
What personal information we may process
Nearly all the data we collect will be because the data subject has contacted NPW for information and advice. We have no wish to store or use any personal data where the person does not wish to have an ongoing relationship with us. The information we collect may include:
- Names and addresses and occupations
- Contact information e.g. email address
- Organisation or company details
We may use this information for the following reasons:
- To allow password protected access to our website for the purposes of obtaining NPW ‘good practice’ documentation.
- To allow local Pubwatch members to register their schemes on the NPW mapping tool
- To allow us to circulate information such as the NPW electronic newsletter by email
- To manage registration and associated processes relating to our conferences
- To manage processes relating to nomination of individuals or Pubwatch schemes for NPW awards
What we do not collect
NPW does not manage or accredit local Pubwatch schemes. We do not collate personal information relating to any person who may have been subject to exclusion by a local Pubwatch.
We have an automated email response to all persons seeking information about an exclusion, advising that they should contact their local Pubwatch direct. We may enter into correspondence with persons who contact us in an attempt to provide advice or assist with a personal problem but we will delete this record as soon as the issue is resolved.
If we feel that a crime may have been committed, we will pass that information onto the Police or other regulatory authority.
NPW has appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to prevent:
- The unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal data
- Accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to your personal information
Retention of personal information
We will not keep your personal information for longer than is necessary for our purposes
Your rights to access your personal information
Where we hold your personal data, you are entitled to a copy and have any inaccuracies in your information corrected. If you wish to have your data deleted and not to receive any further contact from NPW we will endeavour to comply as soon as reasonably possible.
Should you wish to access your information, or have any other enquiries about data protection contacts us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cookies are text files, which identify a user’s computer to our server. Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, just the computer used.
Users may choose not to accept cookies from NPW website. Further information about cookies can be found at www.aboutcookies.org.uk
Links to other websites
There may be hyperlinks within this website will take you away from the NPW website www.nationalpubwatch.org.uk. The linked sites are not under the control of NPW and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site, or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. NPW is providing these links to you only as a convenience and the inclusion of a link does not imply endorsement by NPW for these sites.
NPW seeks to ensure that all information on this website is accurate. However, we cannot accept responsibility or liability for any claim, loss or damage whatsoever from the information contained within or accessed through this website.